Wednesday 9 June 2010

The Fatal Flaw

The pain is immense. It feels like the greatest weight is pressing down on you, and it is... in a way, the weight of an unhealthy relationship. It drowns you with intense emotions and, when it's not you in the driving seat, a feeling of helplessness overcomes you and, actually, you give into it.

He told me that he loved me - that I was his number one. He told me that it was only a matter of time; if it's what he wants then that's a given, right? He'll do everything he can for what he 'truly wants'? I gave him me as I believed him. And I waited. I didn't press him for quicker or more action. I waited.

You know what's coming; it's the age-old story: woman meets charming man, he woos her, she falls for him, deeply and him for her... they get on perfectly. And the sex... well, that's something else, impossible to contain or describe in just a few words. It all seems so full of promise. But... here it is... he's married.

No comments:

Post a Comment