Monday 14 June 2010

A Slippery Slope

I'm being sombre, I know. I'll snap out of it. I will. I just feel that I'm flushing it out of my system by sharing it with you guys. I know that the relationship between xMM and I was never going to be a hopelessly romantic, classic love story, as the small detail of significant others was never going to disappear. Nor, at this point, did I want it to; like I said, it was meant to be a bit of fun - no strings attached. (FOOLS!) And, for the first few months, it was.

Our meetings went from monthly to bi-monthly and quickly to whenever we could grab time. Even meeting at 6:30 in the morning before I had to go to work (he worked from home so would wait until his wife had left). We were desperate for more and more and it became an obsession for us both. Not a single hour would pass by without contact (except when we were sleeping), sharing 20 - 30 emails and texts per day. How the hell did we fit that in? Now I struggle to reply to 3 work emails per day! Priorities were readjusted. Our affair came first.

I wonder how long an affair is sustainable whilst feelings are kept out of it and both partners are equal (in relationship terms, that is). I'd love to know. Not that it would make any difference, as for me the affair life becomes so stressful. I can't detach my emotions and I should have seen that coming.

To be fair, though, I wasn't the only one. Like Keanu Reeves's bus in Speed, knowing we we headed for major catastrophe, we kept going. The difference is, we had the benefit of choice. We just didn't make the right one!

1 comment:

  1. Meg, keep blogging, keep Twittering. Writing will help you make sense of the affair. And follow @TheSaneMistress on Twitter to learn how a long-term (<20yrs) extramarital relationship is working! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete